Support a model of development that allows America’s cities, towns and neighborhoods to become financially strong and resilient.
We seek to make the Strong Towns approach the default for every city, every state and nationally.
We are a media organization that is growing a national movement for change.
We believe that the change we seek will occur when a million Americans care enough to share our message with others.
Our efforts are to create those million people.
Highlights from 2015:
- We grew our audience from 70,000 over the prior twelve months to 353,000, a 500% increase.
- We presented the Curbside Chat and related materials in person to over 5,000 people throughout the USA and Canada.
- Strong Towns was featured in over 120 publications spreading our message to thousands of people who hadn't previously heard it.
- We held a successful #BlackFridayParking event that Planetizen called "a model of online engagement."
- We ran a successful member campaign that made us #1000Strong, accomplishing our goal for 2015.
- Our president, Chuck Marohn, was invited to a summit at the White House.
- We adopted a new Strategic Plan in June, formalizing our approach to fulfilling our mission.
This success would not have been possible without the key staff we were able to bring on board in 2015. After a nationwide search involving over 150 candidates, we were able to add Rachel Quednau (Communications Specialist), Jason Schaefer (Member Support Specialist) and Michelle Erfurt (Pathfinder) to our team. Their efforts at organizing and promoting our events, supporting our members and improving the quantity and quality of our content stream positioned us to achieve our goals.