Strong Towns is seeking someone to join our team as a Member Coordination Specialist.
Strong Towns, a nationally-recognized non-profit organization, is seeking a motivated individual to assist with new member communication, member retention and member support activities.
The mission of Strong Towns is to support a model of development that allows America’s cities, towns and neighborhoods to grow financially strong and resilient. We have over 1,400 members worldwide, including at least one in each U.S. state. Our influential media feed reaches hundreds of thousands annually and is shaping the national conversation on growth, development and the future of cities.
We need someone to help us support our amazing members and expand our membership. Such a person will:
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Be self-driven and motivated by the Strong Towns mission.
- Have the ability to work quickly and independently.
- Be comfortable working with databases and with data management.
- Be a creative and strategic thinker who enjoys working collaboratively with thought leaders.
- Be able to work collaboratively with a team across digital platforms.
- Have familiarity with customer relationship management and marketing automation software. Experience with Salesforce.com and Pardot is a bonus.
Our team collaborates digitally from locations around the country; there are no locational requirements for this position. We have content deadlines and occasional event-driven demands, but generally keep a flexible schedule. We are an equal opportunity, family-friendly organization. Our work is rewarding and our organization is making a difference.
The position of Member Support Specialist includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Assist with the distribution of regular content for Strong Towns, including blog posts, features and publications.
- Implement the Strong Towns member recruitment and retention plan. Work with the President to update the plan, as needed.
- Communicate regularly with members and be the first point-of-contact for members.
- Compose targeted emails to reach new audiences and recruit new members.
- Coordinate member-exclusive content.
- Coordinate member services such as webinars, chats and hangouts.
- Coordinate member events and participation around speaking engagements.
- Manage the Member Blogroll.
- Identify and document success stories.
This is a full time position that pays up to $40,000 per year. In addition, Strong Towns provides a defined contribution for health coverage and a matching contribution for retirement.
If you are interested in this position, please visit www.strongtowns.org/employment to start the application process. We are looking to fill this position by November 18, 2016.