We've been blown away by the enthusiasm and participation in our first annual Strongest Town contest. Thousands of votes have been cast and we're excited to announce the Elite Eight, who will advance to the next round of the contest. Here is how the final voting came down:
- Hoboken, NJ (61.4%) vs. Collingswood, NJ (38.6%)
- Hopkins, MN (52%) vs. Fort Atkinson, WI (48%)
- San Marcos, TX (91%) vs. Boulder, CO (9%)
- Sandusky, OH (51%) vs. Hays, KS (49%)
- West Palm Beach, FL (55%) vs. Safety Harbor, FL (45%)
- Holland, MI (50.3%) vs. Fargo, ND (49.7%)
- Carlisle, PA (77%) vs. Annapolis, MD (23%)
- Truckee, CA (78%) vs. Pasadena, CA (22%)
So here's the updated bracket:
There were some extremely close races here, and many in which the town who was on the bottom yesterday ultimately came out on top. Clearly, we've got some very strong towns contending for the title of "Strongest." Well done, everyone.
In the next phase of the competition, beginning Monday, you'll be viewing photographs submitted by these eight towns that will showcase their strength and resilience. Thanks to everyone who has participated and best of luck to the elite eight.