Lynda Humble serves as the City Manager of Bastrop, Texas. She embodies a personal philosophy that government service is a noble profession, providing an opportunity for employees at every level to make a difference in the quality of life for those served on a daily basis. Believing that government, in general, is in peril by citizen disenchantment, media focus on the worst of government and a drive for “less government,” local officials can make change in their local conditions by better educating our public on the value of what we do. After all, local government plays a significant role in the quality of life that its citizens have come to take for granted. In addition, she believes that it is critically important that citizens come to see the value in local government. While not driven by maximizing profits as private corporations are, an argument can be made that the City’s purpose is way more important: to maximize life, health and safety related services provided to our citizens.
Offering 25+ years experience in the public sector and having worked for several DFW Metroplex cities in various roles and now serving as City Manager of Bastrop, Lynda has a proven record of creating transformational change and solving specific concerns with her extensive knowledge and broad-based understanding of the inter-workings of all aspects of local government organizations and systems. Lynda utilizes her talents to help identify problems and find solutions tailored around processes that support the City’s vision and purpose. By offering solutions that solve problems rather than treating symptoms, organizations can build upon success and make improvements focusing on the 4P’s - Process, Performance, People and Passion…always keeping our citizens in mind.
- MBA Degree from Amberton University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Accounting) from Northeast Louisiana University Economic Development Institute at the University of Oklahoma
- Certified Public Manager from the University of Texas at Arlington
- City Manager, City of Bastrop, Texas, 2017 – Present
- Founding Member & CEO, Lynda Humble Consulting, LLC, 2013 - 2017
- Interim City Manager, City of Duncanville, Texas, 2013 to 2015
- City Manager, City of Rowlett, Texas, 2009-2013
- Assistant City Manager, City of DeSoto, Texas, 2002-2009
- Managing Director of Management Services, City of DeSoto, Texas, 1996-2002
- Managing Director of Administrative Services, City of DeSoto, Texas, 1995-1996
- Director of Economic Development, City of Cedar Hill, Texas, 1994-1995
- Business Development Manager, City of Garland, Texas, 1990-1994