The Curbside Chat is a presentation, followed by a community-specific discussion, about the financial health of our places.
- Why are our cities and towns so short of resources despite decades of robust growth?
- Why do we struggle at the local level just to maintain our basic infrastructure?
- What do we do now in an economy that is changing dramatically?
The answers lie in the way we have developed; the financial productivity of our places. This stunning presentation is a game-changer for communities looking to grow more resilient and obtain true prosperity during changing times.
What's the big idea?
Three "big ideas" are central to Strong Towns thinking, and we explore them within the Curbside Chat program:
- The current path cities are pursuing is not financially stable.
- The future for most cities will not resemble the recent past.
- The main determinant of future prosperity for cities will be local leaders’ ability to transform their communities.
Who is the Curbside Chat for?
The Curbside Chat program has been developed specifically for public officials and change-advocates at the local level.