A brief update of the conversations going on at the Strong Towns Network.
- Adapting the Curbside Chat for a non US audience by David Jackson
- When the town meeting pest goes to court by Omri Schwarz
- Peoria, Illinois - A Strong Town by Robert Guico
- Planning gone awry? Don't be afraid to do nothing by Let's Go LA
- Suburban versus Urban infrastructure cost by Howard Blackson
It is so typical of America circa 2013 to look at the myriad of complex, local problems that have been created, largely as a result of macro policy, and respond to it with another macro policy; in this case, Safe Routes to School. We're a society running around hitting things with an enormous sledge hammer, completely unaware of the nuance and complexity of the things we have improperly identified as nails.
Twice the pride, double the fall.
You are all welcome to join the conversation going on. There is no cost and so much we need to work on. Hope to see you there.