Tonight is the big Strong Towns on Tap event at the HUGE Theater in Minneapolis. If you're planning to be there, we all look forward to seeing you. Nate Hood, Ryan Kelley and Matt Steele have put together a good lineup of interesting thinkers and thought leaders so the evening promises to be full of good stuff. Very exciting.
Here's a look at some of the conversations going on at the Strong Towns Network.
- Andrew Price is collecting success stories. Add yours to the mix.
- Inspired by Donald Shoup and a conversation about free parking, Jesse Bailey asks how these insights apply outside of urban areas.
- Should development happen along corridors or be clustered at nodes, asks Alex Cecchini in a new discussion this week.
- Many thanks to Rob Bietler for starting a thread dedicated to Strong Towns related quotes. Some real gems there -- please add more.
- Finally, this past week I've added some bonus material about the banker/venture capital conversation, some thoughts on Stockton's bankruptcy and shared a Malcolm Gladwell video on our expert problem.
The Strong Towns Network is a social space devoted to those of us that are working to implement Strong Towns thinking at the local level. We are suggesting a small donation to help us maintain the site, but everyone passionate about these issues is welcome, regardless of ability to pay.