Seeking good people: The 23rd Congress for the New Urbanism is right around the corner (April 29th - May 2nd) and we need your help!
CNU Next Gen is working on a big project: we are renting out a small, underutilized part of the conference hotel and hosting “Advice Room”. The idea is simple:
- Schedule experienced CNU professionals to team up with CNU NextGen attendees, and
- We set a schedule where conference attendees can bring there municipal plans, architectural drafts, form-based codes, etc.
- Workshop ideas in small / private groups
- Think Lucy’s Psychiatry Booth from Peanuts, but with real-life plans.
Our idea is that it’ll allows attendees to get a real value-add with a one-on-one with an experienced professional, and it allows NextGen first-timer to sit down and go over a plan with someone further along in their career. Sessions will be personal and range from about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
We need the following people:
- Experienced Professionals: Those with experience in the industry with knowledge their willing to share.
- Young Professionals : Those who want to learn and network
- Congress Attendees: Those who need help with a project.
All are welcome to apply; whether you're a planner, urban designer, architect, advocate, politician, convicted felon, or an engineer.
For example, Chuck Marohn has volunteered. We'd sit him down with a NextGen'er and they'd meet with a planner from (insert city) for an hour and go over (e.g.: a bike plan). It's designed to be a private, intimate meeting.
Thanks! -Nate Hood