Today we're announcing two openings on the Strong Towns team.
Strong Towns is seeking a communications specialist to assist with content creation, content distribution and public relations. The position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Produce regular content for Strong Towns, including blog posts, features and publications.
- Curate content on the Strong Towns Strong Towns Blog. Coordinate the content-production efforts of our regular contributors, members, fellows and special guests.
- Distribute Strong Towns content with a focus on expanding the audience.
- Coordinate communications around events and other speaking engagements.
- Work with traditional and non-traditional media to expand the reach of the Strong Towns message.
- Handle media inquiries and coordinate media interaction.
- Periodic travel, estimated at two to four times per year, for events and other engagements.
Member Support Specialist
Strong Towns is seeking a member support specialist to assist with member retention, communication with our members and member support. The position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Assist with the production of regular content for Strong Towns, including blog posts, features and publications.
- Implement the Strong Towns member retention plan. Work with the President to update the plan, as needed.
- Communicate regularly with members and be the first point-of-contact for members.
- Coordinate member-exclusive content.
- Coordinate member services such as webinars, chats and hangouts.
- Coordinate member events and participation around speaking engagements.
- Manage the Member Blogroll.
- Identify member-produced content for inclusion in the Strong Towns content stream.
- Identify and document success stories.
About Strong Towns
The mission of Strong Towns is to support a model of development that allows America’s cities, towns and neighborhoods to grow financially strong and resilient. We have over 750 members worldwide, including at least one in each U.S. state. Our influential blog and podcast reach hundreds of thousands annually and is shaping the national conversation on growth, development and the future of cities.
We are an equal opportunity organization interested in all applicants who are passionate about our mission and want to be part of our team.