Strong Towns is pleased to announce its first ever national summit, entitled, "America's Next Transportation System: Transforming More While Spending Less."
We've been dreaming about this and planning it for months now and, while we still have some aspects to finalize, we're excited to introduce it to you today:
- The summit will take place March 30-April 1, with the bulk of events occurring on Friday, March 31.
- We are holding the event in Tulsa, OK. (You can read more about why we chose Tulsa here.)
- We anticipate the cost of attendance to be around $125 but we will finalize that soon.
This summit will show how our current land use and transportation patterns are bankrupting our cities—but that a more productive model for prosperity is possible. Our conversation will feature national transportation, engineering and planning experts, as well as local government and nonprofit leaders.
Plus, we're offering the chance for Strong Towns members to give presentations and/or be published as part of this event. We'll publish the presentation proposal form in the next couple weeks.
The summit will cover topics including:
- The private and public costs of our ever-expanding development model
- Being strategic about transportation funding
- Congestion and street design
- Making smart choices about the amount of parking in your town
- How walkability can improve the financial productivity of your town
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
We’d love for you to join us for this summit, but space is limited. Strong Towns members will get first crack at signing up to attend and will receive a discount on the ticket price. Don’t miss out; sign up to be a member today.
We’ll have more information about the event in the coming weeks. In the meantime, you can sign up to receive more information about the event on this page.
Thank you to everyone who is helping to plan this event, especially Strong Towns member and Tulsa resident, Sarah Kobos.