Thousands of you have already voted and shared your thoughts on which is the strongest town. It's almost time to find out who's making it to the next round, but there's still time to finish voting or invite a friend to participate. The Sweet Sixteen polls (so to speak) in our Strongest Town Contest close today at 11pm CT. Make sure to cast your votes before then.
Here are the current standings (as of Thursday morning):
- Collingswood, NJ (464) vs. Hoboken, NJ (226)
- Fort Atkinson, WI (418) vs. Hopkins, MN (411)
- San Marcos, TX (806) vs. Boulder, CO (85)
- Hays, KS (649) vs. Sandusky, OH (540)
- Safety Harbor, FL (250) vs. West Palm Beach, FL (160)
- Holland, MI (438) vs. Fargo, ND (411)
- Carlisle, PA (640) vs. Annapolis, MD (182)
- Truckee, CA (252) vs. Pasadena, CA (80)
As you can see, there are some very close races and still plenty of time for new winners to rise to the top.
On Friday, we will announce our Elite Eight who move on to the next phase in this competition, which will invite contestants to showcase their towns' strengths through photographs. The fun is not over yet, and your votes will be needed during the next round. So make sure to come back next week to participate in the contest CityLab has called "perhaps the most adorable bracket-style competition around."