In this episode, Rachel hosts Chuck Marohn, who recaps an international trip that was supposed to happen... but didn't. Yet the trip still inspired him to get thinking about the debt crisis in Italy and why its impact in Europe is different than the impact a similar crisis might have (and has had) on American towns.
Sorry about Rachel's audio in this episode. We're working on some back-end issues so had to do the recording over the phone.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Could your city weather a debt crisis? by Chuck Marohn
- A Good Investment: The Benefits of Walkable Communities - a webcast hosted by America Walks, 2pm ET on June 13
- Strong Towns event in Huntsville, Alabama
- Cadillac Desert: The American West and Its Disappearing Water by Marc Reisner
- My Life with the Saints by James Martin, SJ